If you have Muslim friends, you might have observed how they usually look for places where there is available halal food. The main concept behind Halal food is that the animals are sacrificed in the name of Allah, and they are slaughtered using a single cut in their jugular vein. Aside from this, halal food must also be free from pork, blood, alcohol, and urine.
Muslims consume Halal food since this is commanded in the Qur’an. Aside from this, however, Halal food also offers many other benefits and is found to be healthy for both the body and mind. Check out the following reasons to convince you to shop for halal food in Halal groceries in San Francisco near you.
- Halal food has a low incidence rate in terms of food poisoning and contamination. Muslims who prepare Halal food always follow the hygienic rules that have been mandated by their religion. This is what makes Halal food safer to eat.
- Halal food is also free from filthy and harmful substances that is considered vital for the body and the mind. Your thoughts are influenced by the kind of food you eat. How does food affect your brain? Almost anything you choose to eat will have a direct or indirect effect on your brain. Try to imagine eating meat made up of bacteria blood, and other damaging substances and their effects on your thoughts.
- Halal food can also promise you good health and can offer you protection from diseases. Additionally, you can also develop a stronger immune system and help your organs function smoothly. Since halal food is free from alcohol, blood, urine, and impurities, it means that you will have a well-developed mind and body.
- Slaughtering an animal through a single cut in the jugular vein is considered the most painless form of death. The animals are slaughtered using a sharp knife that cuts their jugular vein, trachea, carotid arteries, and esophagus. All of these are cut in one swift go to ensure that the animal doesn’t experience any severe pain unlike if the animal is dipped in boiling water or electrified.
- If the animal is sacrificed in the Halal method, it keeps all of the animal’s organs intact. This means that each organ loses all the blood as it drains out. Other methods used when slaughtering the animal can cause damage to their organs and once again, this would mean that the organs would contain contaminated blood.
- By cutting the jugular vein, the blood from the animal gets drained out which helps in getting rid of all types of dangerous substances from the meat. Blood is made up of high levels of uric acid found to be quite detrimental to the human body when consumed. Studies reveal that those animals killed through other means have meat that is prone to e-coli poisoning, bacteria, and other destructive substances.
At the end of the day, it is easy to see that halal food offers a lot of exciting benefits. This means that whether you are Muslim or not, you can always go shopping in halal groceries to get your hands on the best selection of halal food.